Disrupting the Nebula: Galaxy on Fire - Alliances receives its biggest update ever on iOS and Android [PRESS RELEASE]
Version 1.12 of the popular mobile strategy MMO Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances is called “Disrupting the Nebula” for a reason. After all, the extensive content update, which went live on the App Store today and on Google Play last week, marks the biggest extension in the eventful 16-month history of Deep Silver FISHLABS’ acclaimed flagship title.
The Hamburg-based mobile games studio Deep Silver FISHLABS has just released the biggest update ever in the history of their mobile strategy MMO Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances. Going by the distinctive title of “Disrupting the Nebula“, the brand-new version 1.12 of the popular sci-fi epic includes a plethora of enhancements, adjustments and extensions. Since the update went live on the App Store today and on Google Play last week, both iOS and Android players can now enjoy a revamped and enhanced gaming experience.
The key features of “Disrupting the Nebula“ got introduced to the hardcore audience of Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances via Deep Silver FISHLABS‘ social media channels step by step throughout the past two weeks. The new functions improve various aspects of the game significantly by adding a new level of strategic gameplay, fostering community interaction, boosting player identification and lowering the threshold for first-time players.
The Features of Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances v1.12 “Disrupting the Nebula":
A new level of strategic gameplay
• Multiple round battles: Space battles will now go down in different waves and players can use the breaks between the differing battle rounds to send reinforcements or order your fleets to retreat
• New means of espionage: Besides gaining intel on enemy planets, spy drones can now also be used to collect helpful information about incoming enemy fleets
• Tactical sector grid: The new sector grid allows for an easier and quicker identification and communication of hot spots on the star map
• Instant team formation: Players in need of backup can reach out to nearby allies via push notifications and form attack or defense teams within seconds
Show your colors
• Alliance flags: Alliances can add country flags, faction decals or general symbols (such as peace sign, skull and crossbones or rainbow colors) to their profile pages in order to illustrate their philosophy, playstyle or origin
Enhanced ways of community interaction
• Global in-game chat: Players can now reach out to the entire server and share their thoughts and ideas with all players who are currently online
Get your friends on board
• Social Invites: Players can now access a broad selection of social networks directly from within the app and invite their friends to play Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances
The release of the “Disrupting the Nebula“ update got accompanied by the introduction of brand-new game servers on iOS (re-designed map with clear hotspots) and Android (warzone server) as well as a large-scale ad campaign on national television in Germany, which started at March 14th and lasts until March 25th, 2015.
Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances can be downloaded from the App Store via http://bit.ly/gofa-iOS and from Google Play via http://bit.ly/gofa-Android for free. If you are not yet familiar with the game’s background story, central objective and core gameplay, we recommend you to check out the title’s 30 seconds teaser via http://bit.ly/gofa-30sec-teaser.
About Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances:
In Galaxy on Fire™ – Alliances the players take over the roles of up-and-coming commanders of the Terrans, Nivelians or Vossk. Eager to seek fame and fortune beyond the final frontier, they set forth to colonize and exploit a hitherto uncharted region of space, known as the Shroud Nebula. Here, they must build up strong outposts, collect valuable resources and claim territories of strategic importance. But only those who team up with others and form strong alliances will be able to hold their ground in this hazardous environment for a longer period. In order to prevail in the highly competitive Shroud Nebula, tactical finesse and unbroken courage are as important as clever use of resources and a strong capacity for teamwork. www.gofalliances.com
About Deep Silver FISHLABS:
Deep Silver FISHLABS is Koch Media’s mobile unit operating under the premium publishing label of Deep Silver. With more than 10 years of experience in developing and publishing high-end 3D games for smartphones and tablets, the Hamburg-based studio has been spearheading one of the most exciting and fast moving branches of the entertainment industry for no less than a decade. Over the years, the 50-strong team of Deep Silver FISHLABS has assembled a multi-award-winning portfolio of critically acclaimed proprietary IPs like Galaxy on Fire - Alliances and Galaxy on Fire 2 HD as well as best-selling brand games such as Sports Car Challenge for the Volkswagen Group China. The studio’s titles are available for a broad variety of platforms including iOS, Android and BB10. All in all, Deep Silver FISHLABS’ games have generated a total of 120+ MM downloads to date. www.dsfishlabs.com
About Koch Media:
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 15 years of experience in the digital media distribution business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the USA. www.kochmedia.com